Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal
This carrot cake baked oatmeal is fancy enough to serve for a special brunch but easy and healthy enough to make for your weekly meal prep. Gluten-free
- 2 cups Rolled old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup Grated carrots
- 1/2 cup Canned crushed pineapple in juice strained
- 1/4 cup Chopped walnuts & extra for topping
- 1/4 cup Raisins
- 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 1 tbls. Ground flaxseed
- 2 cups Unsweetened almond milk or your favorite milk
- 1/4 cup Maple syrup
- Pinch of sea salt
Maple Cream Cheese Glaze
- 1/4 cup Whipped cream cheese
- 1 tbsp. Maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. Almond milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Add all ingredients for the baked oatmeal in a large bowl, pour into a square baking dish sprayed with non-stick spray, and bake for 50-60 minutes.
- Check it around 45 minutes and if the top is getting too brown, cover with foil for the remaining time. The baked oatmeal will still be a little soft to the touch but should be cooked through and not jiggly in the middle.
- While the oatmeal is baking, prepare the glaze by whisking together the whipped cream cheese, maple syrup, almond milk and vanilla in a small bowl.
- Remove baked oatmeal from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes to cool before serving. Drizzle some of the glaze over each portion when serving.
- For storage: store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- To reheat: To reheat the whole baked oatmeal, cover with foil and reheat in a 350°F oven for about 20 minutes. For individual portions, set oven (or toaster oven) to 350°F and bake for 5-10 minutes or reheat in the microwave for 1 minute.