After viewing online, call 502 361 6059 to speak with the bariatric office to get started. Our bariatric coordinators have years of experience in helping you navigate the insurance process. Also, you can download our helpful guide with steps to get you started.
Bariatric Program Steps
- View informational seminar
- If are unable to complete electronic application, print “Weight Loss Information Packet” You can call the Bariatric Office to have one emailed to you 502-361-6059.
- Email or mail completed Application along with a COPY OF YOUR INSURANCE CARD – FRONT AND BACK.
- We will check insurance benefits and the surgeons will review information to determine if you are a candidate for surgery. We will contact you.
- If you are a candidate, we will schedule you an office visit with the surgeon.
- At the initial visit the surgeon will discuss the procedure, risks, and benefits.
- Your paperwork is then sent to the insurance company for pre-certification, if necessary.
- You will be contacted by the Bariatric office when we receive notification from the insurance company
- Upon approval — we will then schedule appointments for pre-operative testing, your second surgeon office visit, and your surgery date
- At second visit the surgeon will go over your test results, discuss your day of surgery, and answer questions.
- You will be scheduled for surgeon follow-up two weeks post-procedure
- You will be able to return to work in approximately 5 days
- You can participate in the Mary and Elizabeth’s Healthy Lifestyle Center one week following your surgery and participate for 4 weeks at no charge.