Fall into Delicious Fall Fruits!
There are infinite reasons to look forward to the Fall season; football, sweater weather, pumpkin spice flavors, etc. Many people love the fall because apples peak between late August and October. This is the perfect time to pick them!
However, apples are not the only fruit in season. Challenge your taste buds and get creative in the kitchen by trying some different varieties of fall fruit.
Foods like yogurt, smoothies, applesauce and protein shakes may just slide through your band causing you to eat larger portion sizes than needed.
Grilled Mexican Corn Salad With Tomatillos
- 2 Cups corn kernels (thawed)
- 1 Red onion chopped
- 4 Large tomatillos roughly chopped.
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro minced.
- Sea Salt to taste
For the dressing:
- 1/2 A small avocado
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1.5 Tsp adobo chile sauce see note
- 2 Tbsp Powdered ranch dressing mix
- 1/2 Tbsp garlic minced
- 1 tsp taco seasoning
- Pinch of stevia or other sweetener of choice
- Spray a grill pan with cooking spray and preheat on high.
- While the pan preheats, chop your red onion, tomatillo, and cilantro.
- Throw the corn and red onion into the pan, stirring regularly so that they do not burn. Mine took around 10 minutes to really get some good grill marks.
- While your corn and red onion cooks, mix all the dressing ingredients in a small food processor. Process until smooth, and everything is well combined.
- Once you have achieved the desired amount of grill-age on your veggies, toss them in a bowl with the roughly chopped tomatillos and cilantro.
- Mix the dressing in and stir until everything is evenly coated.
- Season with sea salt and pepper and serve!
I bought a can of chipotle chilies in adobo sauce, and just used the sauce that the chilies came in. You could also omit this, but it won’t have as much of a smoky spice to it.
Support Group: Preparing for Holiday Celebrations
Join Zoom Meeting: https://uoflhealth.zoom.us/j/93566316360
Call-In Phone Number: 1-312-626-6799
Meeting ID: 935 6631 6360