Turkey Stuffed Peppers
Yummy turkey stuffed peppers filled with ground turkey and brown rice, seasoned with cumin and spices and topped with cheese! This is a favorite.
- 1 LB 93% Ground Turkey
- 1 garlic Minced
- 1/4 Onion Minced
- 1 TBSP Parsley or Cilantro chopped
- 1 TSP Cumin powder
- 1 TSP salt
- 3 Large Sweet red bell peppers
- 1 Cup Fat Free Chicken Broth
- 1/4 Cup Tomato Sauce
- 1.5 Cups Cooked Brown Rice
- 6 TBSP Part Skim Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Heat oven to 400 degrees
- Lightly spray olive oil spray in medium nonstick skillet and heat on medium heat
- Add onion, garlic, and cilantro and sauté about 2 minutes, add ground turkey, salt, cumin and cook meat for 4-5 minutes or until meat is completely cooked through
- Add 1/4 cup of tomato sauce and 1/2 cup of chicken broth. Mix well and simmer on low for about 5 minutes.
- Combine cooked rice and meat together
- Cut the bell peppers in half lengthwise, and remove all seeds. Spoon 2/3 cup meat mixture into each pepper half and place in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Top each with 1 TBSP of cheese.
- Pour the remainder of the chicken broth on the bottom of the pan. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes
6 Servings, Serving Size:1/2 pepper Calories: 221 Fat:3g Carbs:19g Protein 18g