Ham and Cheese Egg Muffins
Ham and cheese egg muffins are the ideal, protein-packed breakfast that can be made ahead and quickly reheated on busy workday mornings.
- 4 Slices Sharp Cheddar Cheese 4 ounces of shredded cheese
- 1 Dozen large eggs
- 1/2 Cup Skim Milk
- 6 Slices Canadian Bacon Sliced
- 1/4 Cup Minced Green Onion
- Pre Heat oven to 350 degrees and spray a muffin pan with cooking spray
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and milk until light and fluffy. Stir in the Canadian bacon, green onions and salt/pepper
- Divide egg mixture evenly between 12 muffin tins (about 1/3 cup each) then sprinkle with sharp cheddar
- Bake until eggs are set, 25-30 minutes. Let cool slightly to ensure eggs are set before removing from the pan to serve
If saving to eat later in the week, let cool completely before storing in an airtight container. To freeze, wrap each egg muffin individually in plastic wrap then store in a plastic bag. Reheat in the microwave for 60 seconds if refrigerated- 2-3 minutes if frozen.