Slow Cooker Chicken Marsala
281 Calories Print Recipe Slow Cooker Chicken Marsala Servings Ingredients 6 chicken breasts boneless and skinless. 1.5 pounds total.1 tsp. Garlic Powder1 tsp. Dried Basil1/2 tsp. Sweet paprikaSalt and fresh ground pepper to taste1 tbsp. olive oil8 ounces Mushrooms sliced3 cloves garlic minced1 cup Dry marsala wine1/2 cup Water1/4 cup Cornstarch1/4 cup Heavy creamParsley Chopped
- 6 chicken breasts boneless and skinless. 1.5 pounds total.
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. Sweet paprika
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- 8 ounces Mushrooms sliced
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 cup Dry marsala wine
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Cornstarch
- 1/4 cup Heavy cream
- Parsley Chopped fresh, for garnish
- Lightly grease a 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray and set aside.
- Season chicken breasts all around with garlic powder, dried basil, thyme, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add prepared chicken breasts to the hot oil and cook for 3 minutes per side, or until just browned.
- Transfer chicken to slow cooker and top with mushrooms and garlic.
- Return skillet over medium-high heat and add the marsala wine; cook for 1 minute, scraping up all the browned bits from the bottom of the skillet.
- Pour wine over chicken and mushrooms.
- Close with a lid and cook on LOW for 4 to 5 hours, or on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours. Chicken is done when internal temperature reaches 165˚F.
- Remove chicken breasts from slow cooker and set aside on a plate.
- Combine water and cornstarch in a mug or a small mixing bowl and whisk until incorporated; then, whisk the slurry into the wine sauce.
- Add heavy cream to the wine sauce and whisk until combined.
- Return chicken to the slow cooker; cover with a lid and cook on HIGH for 20 minutes, or until sauce has thickened.
- Transfer chicken from slow cooker to plates; top with mushroom sauce and garnish with fresh parsley.