Eggs and Tomato Breakfast Melts
Tomatoes, eggs and scallions are a winning combination!
- 2 Whole Grain English Muffins Split
- 1 TSP olive oil
- 8 Eggs Whites Whisked
- 4 Green Scallions Minced
- 2 Ounces Reduced Fat Mexican Cheese Blend (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 Cup Cherry Tomatoes Quartered
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
- Preheat the broiler on high. Place muffins, cut side up, on a baking sheet and broil for 2 minutes or until beginning to lightly brown on edges
- Heat a medium skillet on medium heat. Add oil and sauté 3 of the scallions about 2-3 minutes.
- Add egg whites, season with salt and pepper and cook, mixing with a wooden spoon until cooked through.
- Divide on toasted muffins and top with tomatoes, cheese and remaining scallions.
- Broil for about 1-2 minutes or until cheese has melted
Calories: 160 Fat: 5 Grams Carb: 16 Grams Fiber: 3 Grams Protein: 15 Grams Sugar: 4 Grams